Programmers and software developers are generally in high demand, can work with challenging problems and get paid pretty damn well to do so.
So it’s a great gig, right?
Well, to a points, it seems….because programmers and software developers are people. And people can always find something to worry about.
Proof, you want? Why then, Yoda, take a look at a recent article from IT World, that lists the five most scary things for programmers.
In reverse order of scariness, they are:
5. Incompetent management and coworkers
– Think blundering bosses, who thing that python must be dangerous to have in the office and C++ is a really strange grade to get.
4. Being forced to learn or use a specific technology
– Like being a trekkie and being forced to go to a Star Wars convention.
3. No longer liking my job
– How does knowing seven programming languages help me realise my (new) dream of becoming safari guide?
2. Losing my job
– Few words are as scary to programmers as ‘outsourcing’
1. Screwing up
– Let’s face it, programmers see bugs everywhere, all the time. And sometimes they’re actually there…